- This event has passed.
Driving finance for urgent climate action
5 October @ 17:00 - 18:00 UTC+2
17:00 – 18:00 CEST (15:00 – 16:00 UTC)
The Leadership for Urban Climate Investment (LUCI) framework was formed with the core idea that there are multiple barriers along the infrastructure value chain that can be addressed through collaboration between relevant initiatives.
To raise ambition and measure progress, LUCI elevates and tracks the impact of members of the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance to support (1) 2000 cities with strengthened project preparation capacity, (2) 1000 urban climate smart infrastructure projects brought to bankability and financed, and (3) 100 innovative financing mechanisms – all by 2025.
This session will demonstrate progress on the financing of urban climate smart and resilient infrastructure projects, while making clear the need for an urgent scaling of climate finance in cities. Finance-oriented LUCI initiatives will come together to discuss supply side opportunities and constraints alongside further upstream LUCI initiatives with the goal of supporting cities to address the climate emergency.
- Idan Sasson, Project Coordinator, Climate Policy Initiative (CPI), UK
- Bella Tonkonogy, Associate Director, Climate Policy Initiative (CPI), USA
- Dr. Eszter Mogyorósy, Climate Finance Manager, ICLEI World Secretariat, Bonn, Germany
- Nigel Jollands, Associate Director, EBRD Green Cities Program, UK
- Carmel Lev, Strategy and Partnerships Consultant, Global Infrastructure Facility, USA
- Giulia Macagno, Head of the City Climate Finance Gap Fund Technical Secretariat, European Investment Bank, Luxembourg
- Jaffer Machano, Global Program Manager, United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF), USA
- Dr. Alexander Kleibrink, Senior Policy Officer, German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), Germany
Photo credit: arindambanerjee / Shutterstock.com