Innovative Climate Finance Case Studies
8 October @ 15:00 - 17:00 UTC+2
This peer exchange session brings together city representatives and financial experts to share experience on using innovative climate financing tools. What works? How do you find the right tool? What lessons have been learned in projects that already have been implemented?
Local governments are at the frontline of climate action. Yet subnational governments still often struggle to access finance required for sustainable, low-to-no emission, climate resilient development and are uncertain using innovative instruments and trying new approaches.
With existing good practice, available tools and expertise, this session brings information and knowledge to city representatives – also encouraging them to share their questions and experiences with each other. The workshop will focus on approaches taken, exploring what worked well and why.
The session also provides a platform where local governments can interact with financial experts, helping each other to better understand how to find and use innovative financing tools such as green bonds, revolving fund, energy performance contract or crowdfunding for their climate project.
This interactive session offers a unique opportunity to showcase achievements, inspire each other, exchange ideas, and find solutions together. Join us!
- Rebecca Cameron, Senior Officer, ICLEI Africa
- Jonas Fleer, Programme Manager, Frankfurt School
- Jean-Francois Habeau, Executive Director, FMDV
- Robert Kirchner, Project Manager, GIZ/CoMSSA III
- Christine Knapp, Sustainability Director, City of Philadelphia
- Paul Scharfenberger, Executive Director, Colorado Clean Energy Fund
- Daniel Sullivan, Strategic Policy Branch Manager, City of Cape Town
- Maria Tapia, Lead Climate Change Specialist, Inter-American Development Bank
- Bella Tonkonogy, CPI Associate Director, CCFLA Secretariat