- This event has passed.
I’ve declared a climate emergency, now what do I do?
5 October 2021 @ 09:00 - 10:00 UTC+2
09:00 – 10:00 CEST (07:00 – 08:00 UTC)
A climate emergency declaration or declaring a climate emergency is an action taken by governments and scientists to acknowledge humanity is in a climate emergency. The first such declaration was made in December 2016. Since then over 1,900 local governments in 34 countries have made climate emergency declarations.
This session bring practitioners in the field of climate which are monitoring or participating in the declaration of Urban Climate Emergency and will share their vision behind motivations, uses and outcomes of such process.
- Margaret Hender, Co-founder, CEDAMIA, Australia
- Stephen Cowan, Councillor, Leader of the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham, UK
- Aaron Hawkins, Mayor, City of Dunedin, New Zealand
- Andreas Wolter, President, Climate Alliance, Germany
- Cesar Carreño, Head of Climate Data, ICLEI World Secretariat, Germany