- This event has passed.
Measuring Circular Economy Jobs in Cities
16 October 2020 @ 12:30 - 13:30 UTC+2
When it comes to resource use and circular economy in cities, there are several underlying questions and ethical considerations regarding equity and resource distribution that must be explored. There is a need to ensure that the transition to the circular economy is a just transition, especially in the context of the current health crisis and the subsequent socio-economic crisis. Circular economy jobs are the binding factor between environmental sustainability and a just transition, and are central to getting the political buy-in for the transition from linear to circular.
The UN Environment Programme (UNEP), Circle Economy and ICLEI are jointly exploring the entry point of jobs in the circular economy in cities. During this event, these institutions will introduce attendees to a method they have developed to identify and track employment in the circular economy, via a “tool” that points out which economic sectors (and the accompanying jobs) will be affected by the circular economy transition in cities.
- Ms. Sharon Gil, Programme Officer, Cities Unit
- Ms. Marijana Novak, Data Strategist, Circle Economy
- Ms. Burcu Tuncer, Head of Circular Development, ICLEI World Secretariat
- Ms. Alejandra López Rodríguez, Director of Policy Planning & Coordination, Mexico City Ministry of Environment
- Mr. Mustapha Chafik, Al Omrane Group, Morocco
- Mr. Naufal Isnaeni, Head of Spatial Permit Division, Department of Investment and Integrated Services of Bogor City