Climate insurance for building resilience at local level: Lessons learnt and way forward
26 October @ 16:00 - 17:00 CEST
This session presents the relevance and challenges of insurance mechanisms in supporting vulnerable communities in urban areas to cope with impacts from more intense and frequent extreme events. It exposes the rationale of insurance for disaster risk reduction and climate adaptation as well as lessons learnt from past projects to enhance new programmes.
This event is particularly attractive and worthwhile for city officials that would like to increase their response and recovery capacity in the aftermath of extreme events.
- Maryke van Staden, Director of ICLEI’s Bonn Center for Local Climate Action and Reporting (carbonn Climate Center), ICLEI World Secretariat
- Swenja Surminski, Head of Adaptation Research, London School of Economics
- Annette Detken, Head of ISF Management; Climate Risk Analysis Lead, InsuResilience Solutions Fund
- Wendy Smith, Business Development Associate, Global Parametrics
- Alejandra Bolio Rojas, Director of the Sustainable Development Unit, Merida City Hall, Mexico
- Leo Bacelar, Secretary of Urban Policy and Licensing of Recife (tbc)
- Nazmul Huq, Head of Resilient Development, ICLEI World Secretariat
To join the event, please register here.