- This event has passed.
Test Your Pitch
27 October 2020 @ 08:30 - 10:30 UTC+1
In order to view the recording, you must register for an account on Daringcities.org or log in.
One of the main bottlenecks identified why local governments continue to be unable to access climate finance is the limited knowledge about the needs and requirements of funders. Furthermore, they rarely have the opportunity to engage with them directly. In a similar way, financial institutions encounter difficulties in identifying bankable projects from sub-national governments and have limited exposure to the wide range of projects that cities have, nor do they understand the challenges and obstacles faced by cities in accessing finance and funding.
Now, this session aims to give tips and tricks of project pitching, highlighting the key elements and considerations, the DOs and DON´Ts, as well as giving practical advice.
In this pitching session funders and project developers can meet, discuss and test ideas. This facilitated process will allow the sharing of both implicit and explicit knowledge, which is essential for improved project preparation, bankability and access finance.
Participants divided in two (2) groups will work on eight (8) TAP and Urban LEDs project proposals. In each group 4 project developers can test their pitch using a standard template, and get recommendations from the group and a jury consisting of financial partner/institution representatives.
Facilitator: Ms Inga Beie, Project Coordinator FELICITY, GIZ
Speaker presentation: Ms Eszter Mogyorósy, Head of Innovative Finance, ICLEI World Secretariat
- Facilitator: Mr Pablo Nunez, Director, Investor Relations, GIB
- Ms Giulia Macagno, European Investment Bank/Gap Fund
- Mr Marcus Mayr, UN Habitat
- Mr Arne Janssen, Cities Alliance
- Mr Augustin Maria, World Bank/Gap Fund
- African project 1: Sustainable Kampala Entebbe Metro Rail, Mr Alex Kivumbi, Makindye Ssabagabo, Uganda
- African project 2: Coastal Adaptation Project or River Health Programme, Ms Shannon Moffett, Vuthela Local Economic Development Programme, KwaDukuza, South Africa
- Asian project 1: Waste to Energy Pandansari Market, Balikpapan, Mr Suryanto Kepala, Head of Environment Agency, Balikpapan, Indonesia
- Asian project 2: Green Urban Transportation, Ir. H. Budidaya, M. For, Sc., Regional Secretary, Jambi City, Indonesia
- Facilitator: Ms Justine Audrain, Deputy director of programs, FMDV
- Mr Serge Allou, UCLG/IMIF
- Ms Susann Mende, CoM SSAIII/GIZ
- Ms Sophie de Coninck, UNCDF/LoCAL
- Mr Malte Lellmann, C40 Cities Finance Facility (CFF)
- African project 3: Restoration of Ecological Infrastructure to Enhance Water Security, Ms Rulien Volschenk, Senior Environmental Management Officer, Overberg District Municipality and Ms Carla Ackerman, Agulhas Biodiversity Initiative , South Africa
- African project 4: Improvement of solid waste management, Mr Edgar Chilanzi Mulwanda, Sustainability Specialist, Lusaka, Zambia
- Asian project 3: Transforming Hoi An into a Bicycle-Friendly City, Tran Thi Kieu Thanh Ha, Livable Cities Project Manager, HealthBridge, Hoi An, Vietnam
- Asian project 4: Waterways: Tangerang’s New Water-based Public Transportation System, Mr Sugihharto Achmad Bagdja, Head of Regional Development & Planning Agency, Tangerang, Indonesia
Wrap up and closing remarks: Ms Inga Beie, GIZ/FELICITY