- This event has passed.
Daring local leadership for ambitious climate action
6 October @ 11:00 - 12:00 UTC+2
11:00 – 12:00 CEST (09:00 – 10:00 UTC)
As part of Climate Emergency Leadership Day, in this session, local and regional governments undertaking ambitious climate action to tackle the climate emergency showcase their actions in brief pre-recorded statements.
Statements will showcase action that is either about to take place or is already underway, but not yet completed. Action should be already sufficiently financed, and part of the local or regional governments’ dedicated actions to address the climate emergency, not just “climate action as usual”.
What to expect
- Welcome & Introduction
- Ambitious local and regional climate action showcase
- Wrap-up and overview of following sessions
- Cheng Wen-tsan, Mayor, Taoyuan City, Chinese Taipei
- Anna Reynolds, Lord Mayor, City of Hobart, Tasmania, Australia; Chair of Council of Capital City Lord Mayors (CCCLM); Member of ICLEI Oceania Regional Executive Committee Member; Board Member of Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy (GCoM)
- Peter Kurz, Mayor, City of Mannheim, Germany; Chair of Global Parliament of Mayors
- Manuel de Araújo, Mayor, Quelimane Municipality, Mozambique; ICLEI Global Executive Committee Member
- Susan Aitken, Leader, Glasgow City Council, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Gino Van Begin, Secretary General, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
- Wolfgang Teubner, Regional Director, ICLEI European Secretariat