- This event has passed.
Knowledge Brokering for Climate Compatible Development
8 October @ 09:00 - 10:30 UTC+2
In order to view the recording, you must register for an account on Daringcities.org or log in.
As we move towards adopting climate compatible development practices, there is a growing demand for climate information and knowledge that requires a dynamic and collaborative response. However, with the plethora of information available, it is incredibly challenging for decision-makers to access the right kind of information and its applications.
To respond to this challenge, the Climate Development Knowledge Network – Knowledge Accelerator focuses improving access to reliable information and robust methods for decision-makers, urban practitioners and researchers, particularly in developing countries, and to enhance their ability to make well-informed decisions based on high quality, comprehensive data, information and knowledge and share lessons and experience.
The Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN) works as an intermediary between policy-makers and communicators, a kind of ‘matchmaker’ between these professional communities. The program aims to maximize the uptake, use, and collective impact of this knowledge and enhance leadership and collaboration on implementation by assisting actors to become influential champions of the different areas of climate action.
The session will share insights with regard to brokering existing knowledge on climate and development. It will bring together other ‘knowledge brokers’ and forge closer collaborative links between them.
- Shehnaaz Moosa, CDKN Director, SouthSouthNorth
- Lisa McNamara, CDKN Global Knowledge Lead, SouthSouthNorth
- Nivedita Mani, Coordinator – Climate Resilience Programmes and Communications, Gorakhpur Environmental Action Group
- Chris Gordon, CDKN Ghana Country Engagement Lead, University of Ghana
- Kalanidhi Devkota, Executive Secretary, Municipal Association of Nepal
- Atishi Singh, MLA and Chairperson of Environment Committee, Delhi State Government
- Emani Kumar, Deputy Secretary General, ICLEI and Executive Director, ICLEI South Asia
Session participants can expect to:
- Gain an understanding of climate knowledge gaps among key actors and stakeholders
- Explore different formats and approaches adopted for knowledge brokering to address knowledge gaps through sharing experiences and good practices
The session is hosted by the Climate Development and Knowledge Network (CDKN) and ICLEI South Asia. CDKN has been led by South Africa-based SouthSouthNorth (SSN), working closely with its partners Fundación Futuro Latinoamericano (FFLA), ICLEI South Asia as well as the Overseas Development Institute (ODI). CDKN’s core funders are Canada’s International Development Research Centre (IDRC) and the Royal Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DGIS).