- This event has passed.
Multi-stakeholder partnerships supporting ambitious climate action
6 October @ 14:00 - 15:00 UTC+2
14:00 – 15:00 CEST (12:00 – 13:00 UTC)
As part of Climate Emergency Leadership Day, organizations dedicated to tackling the climate emergency will commit their support to our daring cities, announcing the dedicated actions and steps they are taking right now to help further enable and accelerate urgent and ambitious climate action in cities, towns, and regions around the world.
Statements of commitment will clearly and concisely present the tangible support being provided to ambitious local and regional governments.
What to expect
- Welcome & Introduction
- Keynote: Supporting climate emergency leadership as a priority for development cooperation
- Commitments of local climate action partners and enablers
- Wrap-up and overview of following sessions
- Mami Mizutori, Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction and Head of United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR)
- Dr. Jürgen Zattler, Director General, Ministry for Economic Co-operation and Development (BMZ), Germany
- Joseph Mithika Mwenda, Executive Director, Pan African Climate Justice Alliance
- Jocelyn Blériot, Executive Lead – Institutions, Governments and Cities, The Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Dr. Frank Weiler, Team Lead, Urban and Social Development in Latin America and the Caribbean, KfW Development Bank
- Joseph Muturi, Chair, Slum Dwellers International Management Board
- Nigel Jollands, Associate Director, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Mauricio Rodas, Co-Chair of Global Commission for BiodiverCities by 2030, (World Economic Forum)
- Gino Van Begin, Secretary General, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability