Youth voices are essential in shaping the future of our globe. Their activism has proven effective and will continue to play an important role in addressing the global challenges we currently face as well as in the future. While many youth are joining the movement of climate advocacy for positive change; they still face challenges accessing financial resources to pursue their green entrepreneurship goals. Therefore, this session invites local governments, the private sector, development banks and international organizations to reflect on the opportunities to finance youth-led climate action projects in developing communities, who disproportionally suffer the effects of climate change.
- Diana Laura Nava (Speaker) Climate Finance Group for Latin America and the Caribbean (GFLAC), Operations and Strategic Partnerships Coordinator
Santiago Eulmesekian (Speaker) ACE Working Group, YOUNGO, Activist
- Laura Ballesteros (Speaker) City of Monterrey, Mexico, Secretary of Sustainable Urban Development
- Xiomara Acevedo (Speaker) Fundación Barranquilla +20, Colombia, Activist, Founder and C.E.O.
- Paulo Ritter (Speaker) Municipality of Canoas, Brazil, Secretary of Environment
- Flavia Bellaguarda (Speaker) The Climate Reality Project Brasil, Centro Brasil no Clima, Activist
- Luis Gerardo Carvajal Fernandez (Speaker) Climate Reality Leadership Corps, Climate Reality Leader