@BonnGlobal Workshops – Climate change induced disasters challenge cities around the world. The United Nations Programme for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) has launched the Making Cities Resilient Campaign 2030 during Daring Cities 2020. Cities assuming the role of resilience hub act as multiplicators within the campaign, showcasing their work and sharing insights, expertise and best practice with their peers. Bonn intends to apply as a resilience hub until the end of the year. The session will introduce the campaign and two active resilience hubs, provide info on thematic research and give a preview on Bonn’s activities and strengths as a future resilience hub: networking and cooperation.
- Stefan Wagner(Speaker)City of Bonn, Germany; Host of Daring Cities, Head of Department of International Affairs and Global Sustainability
- Nuha Eltinay(Speaker)ICLEI European Secretariat, Senior Officer, Urban Resilience and Climate Adaptation
- Simone Sandholz(Speaker)UNU-EHS, Academic Officer, Head of Urban Futures and Sustainability Transformation Programme
- Magnus Qvant(Speaker)City of Malmö, Sweden, Senior Strategist
- Helena Monteiro(Speaker)UNDRR, Coordination and Project Support Specialist
- Nazmul Huq(Speaker)ICLEI World Secretariat, Head, Resilient Development
- Elisa Muzzini(Speaker)Council of Europe Development Bank, Senior Technical Advisor