- This event has passed.
Accelerating action and advocacy on climate emergency (I)
8 October @ 12:00 - 13:30 UTC+2
12:00 – 13:30 CEST (10:00 – 11:30 UTC)
We conclude the week with 2030 Visions Day. The first goal of the day’s program aims to wrap up achievements of the week-long activities. It will also map the journey in the coming weeks for Cornerstone 2: Disseminate throughout Urban October and Cornerstone 3: Advocate at the UN Glasgow Climate Change Conference (COP26), as well as towards the UN Decade of Sustainability for 2030.
The sessions will start by presentations of Daring Cities 2021 outcomes; namely, a compendium of good practices and Advocacy Demand Catalogue on urban leaders tackling climate emergency, through Daring Cities philosophy of Know More-Act Better-Lead Together. The presentations will be supported with additional comments and inputs from global partners.
- Frank Cownie, Mayor, City of Des Moines, USA; President, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
- Tunç Soyer, Mayor, Izmir Metropolitan Municipality, Turkey; ICLEI Global Executive Committee Member & Co-Chair on Climate and Low Emissions Portfolio
- Katja Dörner, Mayor, City of Bonn, Germany; ICLEI Global Executive Committee Member & Co-Chair on Climate and Low Emissions Portfolio
- Annika Zeyen, 2 times Paralympic gold medalist, Bonn, Germany
- Rita Schwarzelühr-Sutter, Parliamentary Secretary of State, Ministry of the Environment, Germany
- Malini Mehra, Chief Executive, GLOBE International
- Lars Gronvald, Team Leader at DG INTPA
- Saleemul Huq, Director of the International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD)
- Gino Van Begin, Secretary General, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
- Yunus Arikan, Director of Global Advocacy, ICLEI- Local Governments for Sustainability