- This event has passed.
Accelerating action and advocacy on climate emergency (II)
8 October @ 16:00 - 17:30 UTC+2
16:00 – 17:30 CEST (14:00 – 15:30 UTC)
We conclude the week with 2030 Visions Day. The first goal of the day’s program aims to wrap up achievements of the week-long activities. It will also map the journey in the coming weeks for Cornerstone 2: Disseminate throughout Urban October and Cornerstone 3: Advocate at the UN Glasgow Climate Change Conference (COP26), as well as towards the UN Decade of Sustainability for 2030.
The sessions will start by presentations of Daring Cities 2021 outcomes; namely, a compendium of good practices and Advocacy Demand Catalogue on urban leaders tackling climate emergency, through Daring Cities philosophy of Know More-Act Better-Lead Together. The presentations will be supported with additional comments and inputs from global partners.
- Frank Cownie, Mayor, City of Des Moines, USA; President, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
- Minna Arve, Mayor, City of Turku, Finland; Vice President, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
- Mauricio Vila Dosal, Governor, State of Yucatan, Mexico; Member of ICLEI Global Executive Committee on Biodiversity Portfolio – represented by Sayda Melina Rodríguez Gómez, State Secretary of Sustainable Development, State of Yucatan, Mexico
- Katja Dörner, Mayor, City of Bonn, Germany; ICLEI Global Executive Committee Member & Co-Chair on Climate and Low Emissions Portfolio
- Annika Zeyen, 2 times Paralympic gold medalist, Bonn, Germany
- Natalia Uribe, Secretary General, Regions4
- Jyoti Mathur-Filipp, Principal Officer, Implementation Support Division, United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD)
- Miriam Medel García, Chief of External Relations, Policy and Advocacy, UNCCD Secretariat
- Martina Otto, Head, Cities Unit, Economy Division, UN Environment Programme
- Kobie Brand, Regional Director, ICLEI Africa Secretariat; Deputy Secretary General, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
- Yunus Arikan, Director of Global Advocacy, ICLEI