We conclude the week with 2030 Visions Day. The first goal of the day’s program aims to wrap up achievements of the week-long activities. It also maps the journey for Cornerstone 2: Disseminate throughout Urban October and Cornerstone 3: Advocate at the UN Glasgow Climate Change Conference (COP26), as well as towards the UN Decade of Sustainability for 2030.
The sessions start by presentations of Daring Cities 2021 outcomes; namely, a compendium of good practices and Advocacy Demand Catalogue on urban leaders tackling climate emergency, through Daring Cities philosophy of Know More-Act Better-Lead Together. The presentations are supported with additional comments and inputs from global partners.
- Frank Cownie, Mayor, City of Des Moines, USA; President, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
- Tunç Soyer, Mayor, Izmir Metropolitan Municipality, Turkey; ICLEI Global Executive Committee Member & Co-Chair on Climate and Low Emissions Portfolio
- Katja Dörner, Mayor, City of Bonn, Germany; ICLEI Global Executive Committee Member & Co-Chair on Climate and Low Emissions Portfolio
- Annika Zeyen, 2 times Paralympic gold medalist, Bonn, Germany
- Rita Schwarzelühr-Sutter, Parliamentary Secretary of State, Ministry of the Environment, Germany
- Malini Mehra, Chief Executive, GLOBE International
- Lars Gronvald, Team Leader at DG INTPA
- Saleemul Huq, Director of the International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD)
- Gino Van Begin, Secretary General, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
- Yunus Arikan, Director of Global Advocacy, ICLEI- Local Governments for Sustainability