We conclude the week with 2030 Visions Day. The first goal of the day’s program aims to wrap up achievements of the week-long activities. It also maps the journey for Cornerstone 2: Disseminate throughout Urban October and Cornerstone 3: Advocate at the UN Glasgow Climate Change Conference (COP26), as well as towards the UN Decade of Sustainability for 2030.
The session closes Daring Cities by presenting its outcomes; namely, a compendium of good practices and Advocacy Demand Catalogue on urban leaders tackling climate emergency, through Daring Cities philosophy of Know More-Act Better-Lead Together. The presentations are supported with additional comments and inputs from global partners.
- Frank Cownie, Mayor, City of Des Moines, USA; President, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
- Minna Arve, Mayor, City of Turku, Finland; Vice President, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
- Mauricio Vila Dosal, Governor, State of Yucatan, Mexico; Member of ICLEI Global Executive Committee on Biodiversity Portfolio – represented by Sayda Melina Rodríguez Gómez, State Secretary of Sustainable Development, State of Yucatan, Mexico
- Katja Dörner, Mayor, City of Bonn, Germany; ICLEI Global Executive Committee Member & Co-Chair on Climate and Low Emissions Portfolio
- Annika Zeyen, 2 times Paralympic gold medalist, Bonn, Germany
- Natalia Uribe, Secretary General, Regions4
- Jyoti Mathur-Filipp, Principal Officer, Implementation Support Division, United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD)
- Miriam Medel García, Chief of External Relations, Policy and Advocacy, UNCCD Secretariat
- Martina Otto, Head, Cities Unit, Economy Division, UN Environment Programme
- Kobie Brand, Regional Director, ICLEI Africa Secretariat; Deputy Secretary General, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
- Yunus Arikan, Director of Global Advocacy, ICLEI