@BonnGlobal Workshops – Gender@International Bonn is an institutional network for gender equality based in Bonn. The Panel showcases how mainstreaming gender into climate action and gender-just climate budgeting can be beneficial in order to master the Climate Emergency. Starting with the need to unleash the potential of women for better climate action, the panelists comment on the Gender Action Plan under the UNFCCC and financial instruments. The session introduces projects in Bonn’s sister cities La Paz (Bolivia) and Cape Coast (Ghana) and also gives a deeper inside into gender just resilience building.
Organizing partners: Gender@International Bonn, ZEF (Center for Development Research, University of Bonn) , City of Bonn, ICLEI
- Susanne Nolden(Speaker)City of Bonn, Germany; Host of Daring Cities, International Officer
- Dennis Lucy Aviles Irahola(Speaker)Zentrum für Entwicklungsforschung, Universität Bonn (ZEF), Senior Researcher
- Sascha Gabizon(Speaker)WECF, Executive Director
- Funmi Adeniyi(Speaker)ICLEI Africa, Senior Professional Officer, Human Rights Based Approaches
- Marie-Jeanne Kurdziel(Speaker)BMZ/GIZ
- Rocio Maldonado(Speaker)Swisscontact Foundation in collaboration with the Municipal Government of La Paz, Project Advisor, Zero Waste Project