In order to access the video, you must create an account on Daringcities.org or log-in.
The Local Governments and Municipal Authorities (LGMA) Constituency represents local and regional governments at the negotiations and processes related to UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and its Paris Agreement.
The 26th Conference of Parties (COP26) is planned to be held in November 2021 in Glasgow, UK. By COP26, national governments will present their second national plans (called Nationally Determined Contributions –NDCs) towards 2025, with effective inputs of their local and regional governments , pursuant to the recognition of importance of engagement of all levels of governments on the Paris Agreement.
The LGMA has collectively developed a roadmap to guide constituents in a shared agenda. The LGMA COP26 Roadmap Towards the Multilevel Action COP focuses on six main priorities:
- Raise ambition
- NDC vertical integration and transparency
- Localize climate finance
- Balanced approach in mitigation and adaptation
- Link climate to circular economy and nature
- Amplify global climate action.
Designed as a special session of the LGMA COP26 webinars series, which has been taking place monthly since February 2020, this session provides updates on the LGMA agenda towards COP26 with a focus on efforts related to advance multilevel and collaborative climate action.
Master of ceremony
- Yunus Arikan, Director of Global Advocacy, ICLEI World Secretariat; LGMA Focal Point
- Jordan Harris, Chilean COP25 Presidency
- Christine Mosedale, UK COP26 Presidency
- Veronica Arias, Executive Secretary, CC35
- Jennifer Lenhart, Global Lead of Cities, WWF-One Planet City Challenge
- Serafin Pazos Vidal, Convention of Scottish Local Authorities COSLA
- Duncan Booker, City of Glasgow, UK, COP26 Host City
- Firdaous Oussidhoum, Special Advisor to the UCLG Secretary General Firdaous Oussidhoum
- Steven Bland, Climate Change and Urban Planning Consultant, UN-Habitat
- Shea O´Neil, Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy
- Amanda McKee, Head of CAEP and the Head of Knowledge Management, NDC Partnership
- Constanze Böning, Project Director, Global Policy, Governance, Cities Division, GIZ
- Maryke van Staden, Director of ICLEI’s Bonn Center for Local Climate Action and Reporting, Director of Business Development, ICLEI World Secretariat